A report by the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor in 2007 shows that South Africa’s economic growth is under threat because of a shortage of new entrepreneurs.
The Branson Centre of Entrepreneurship works to:
• Identify and nurture individuals with entrepreneurial potential
• Develop potential entrepreneurs in a practical, relevant and holistic way
• Provide students with real-world business skills and mentorship
• Promote entrepreneurship as a desirable career option and
• Support start-ups and micro-enterprises with skills, mentors, services, networks and finance arrangements